Friday, June 17, 2011

Curbed~~


Trust me on this one~~these chairs can be saved!  These were curbsided a few days ago on the street where I live~~I was on my way to an appointment and whipped out my cell~~called DH~~"please" I begged him~~"it's early in the morning; no one will see you~~"

Oh the things he'll do for me~~


I'll twine up the bad spots and paint them; add some slip covers to the top half~~they'll look just fine for the backyard pergola for my shabby~tea~party~picture~taking days. 

And some of my latest finds on the cheap: two pretty cotton sheets for slipcovers or use as outside tablecloths:  a half~shaped wooden thingy (I'll use this as trim for a wooden box); and another nice, thick wood picture frame. 



Love pretty flowers early in the morning: I took my camera out with me to snap photo of my little rosemary bush which will get much bigger before end of summer: I'll dry sprigs of it and use all fall/winter long:  today a fresh sprig for the crock~pot pork roast~~


And found this medium sized apothecary jar on the cheap: perfect to store my rosemary in~~
Something about using my very own herbs pleases my senses (and taste).


And~~these sweet "rag baskets" both for 50 cents:  could not resist~~another cute display for collectibles perhaps~~will take these for resale at my booth.




Here's my favorite "past photo~posts"~~please come visit me often and I'll visit you back!









Happy thrifting this weekend~~can't wait to see your bargains!

For Friday Night:  I'm joining in here~~


French Country Cottage

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you saved those chairs...can't wait to see the redo. I love those rag baskets...how sweet! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I would have snatched up those chairs too. Even if I had to cram them into my car. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing the done-over chairs! You got some good treasures. Where do you have your booth? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, lucky for these chair you found them. With a little paint, a deep seat cushion and throw they have alot of comfortable rocking days ahead of them yet and will look shabby-utiful under your pergola.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan; my booth is at the Sullivan Marina Antique Mall (near Shelbyville, Illinois). There is over 300 dealers there; I have not sold much lately but the lake traffic and campsites nearby should maybe pick up in sales. (B&J Antique Mall)~~ really some great stuff there and very reasonably priced for this area. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cBeautiful chairs and decoration,I lake it!

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been known to throw a old metal chair found on the curb in the back of my convertible with the top down to get it in!
    I went to an auction this week and spent only $32 and my car was full!

    Those chairs will look great in their new home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chairs look great in your backyard. I like other things that you have there too. All are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those wicker rocking chairs are a great find. Can't wait to see them spruced up. I love your vintage tablecloth and the blue and white setting. That cow pitcher is so cute! Love it. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you rescued those sweet chairs. I wouldn't have the first clue how to "twine" them up, so I look forward to seeing how you do it. Great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab Finds! Everything is lovely xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete