Friday, July 8, 2011

Vision This~~

It's been a few weeks since I could actually use my camera and blog:   three major rooms under construction with wood floors being put in~~wallpapering the dining room~~and that's not even close to the rest of the story~~


This is the dining room: next week the beadboard "wallpaper"~~LOVE this stuff~~can't wait to show you my progress~~chair-railing; crown moulding; baseboard~~etc, etc, etc~~it all takes time!
I'm NOT loving my old chandelier~~but, it will have to do for now~~I have plans to change it out soon~~ (forgive the little "curtains"--taped up some muslin for privacy purposes while working in this room)~~


Did get a little break during the week and found some sweet things~~
This cherub vase (complete with dusty silk flowers!)


See that cherub shelf in the backgound?  Made of plaster and soooo paintable for $1.25~~
And cast iron little bird votive holders for 50 cents!  I love bird~thingies~~

And five heavy~marble~like candle holders (I am using several in the family room as coasters)~~liked the detail on these~~each for 25 cents from CC.



I'll post every week my progress for the rooms downstairs~~we have LOTS to do yet~~

Joining in some fun this week here:


BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE


Button


The Thrifty Groove



Grab My Button


Feathered Nest Friday

13 comments:

  1. This looks marvelous! I am sure you're going to be thrilled with the results! Adorable finds! I have seen those bird tealights in a cafe - love them!
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dining room looks so pretty and I know the bead board wallpaper will make it even more so. Thanks for joining my party this week and make sure you post the finished room too. I am looking forward to seeing the final results.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is gonna be gorgeous, it already looks so pretty! I'll be looking forward to visiting and watching your progress :)

    Loved seeing what you came home with too...my kinda deals for sure!

    Hope you have a great weekend...don't you work too hard...
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed. You're really making a lot of changes. I have seen pics of the beadboard wallpaper and I'm sure your going to be thrilled with the results. I already love the room.......You found some great little buys. I love the plaster cherub and birds. I just love the thrifty finds. Can't wait for your to finish and post.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cast iron bird votive holders! You are doing a great job with the renos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. look forward to seeing the completed hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your dining room is looking lovely. It's so much work, I know, but it is going to be so worth it. I love those curb-side wicker rockers you found. I'll be very interested to see how you rehab those. They are truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Can't wait to see your progress.....about your chandelier, I kinda like it....what if you painted it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The room is looking beautiful and your finds were fantastic. I especially love the idea of using the marble candle holders as coasters! I am redoing many rooms in my house right now also. I'll have to follow along here, your weekly updates will keep me motivated to keep plugging along at my own home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yur thrift finds are wonderful! And wow, you are one busy lady! I can't wait to see the complete redo! thank you for joining TTF and have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your "old" chandy, Patty! But You have a vision for the room, I'm sure...and the old one just doesn't FIT, right? ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I so enjoy your pretty projects.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete