Saturday, July 16, 2011

~~Inspiring Books

~~"Change your thoughts and you change your world."  (Norman Vincent Peale)


I read a lot of books.  Most are inspirational, motivational, spiritual.   This posting will not be everyone's "cup of tea"~~that's okay too.

One of my favorite authors is Dr. Wayne Dyer, who has over the last five years transformed me into (what I think and feel) a better person.  I'm more confident.  Happiness comes easier because I have learned to cope, meditate, pray and give. 

Though I blog about trivial things at times, my whole life seemed upside down for so long (at one time); and if you, too, sometimes feel "somethin' just ain't right"~~read these books. 

A new perspective on how to view what is happening around you, being positive, giving with your heart~~just some of the things that will turn it all around for you.  Sometimes negative people are in your life~~amazing how one person's attitude can effect your day. 
 I've learned that life is TOO SHORT to stay connected or around those who view me as "insignificant".
  So~~just go the other way~~there's so much love and support out there!  Laugh with the angels;  they are with you constantly; and if you need some help, feel overwhelmed; take a break and ASK for guidance.  You'll get it.  (and don't forget to ask for a sign)~~

You can have what you want.  Believing is the key and knowing God wants you to have whatever it is you need~~even if it's just the little things; trivial stuff~~no matter what.  You are here to live a good life and do for others as well as for yourself~~taking care of YOU is important too! 

My vintage bookcase is full of these kinds of books and I'll bookmark, re-read them and bless the authors that turned my attitude around.  (I still have those "moments"~~you have to know when and how to change your thoughts into positive thoughts~~it works!).

Have your dreams and your goals~~everybody needs them!  Start a vision board (another topic I dearly love and believe in)~~view it everyday and watch your goals and dreams start to appear.  May seem like small steps at a time~~it will happen for you.  Someday, I'll tell you about my vision board I started five years ago and how most of it has come to be real~~another topic, another day!  (I still do a vision board to this day)

~~~~~~

Have a great, inspiring weekend!

Patty


6 comments:

  1. My life is also a better one because of the books I read and the people aroudn me. Completely agree with you about letting go of those who are negative. Thank you for sharing this.
    P.s Can't wait to hear about your vision board

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! I'm so glad to meet a fellow reader of inspirational books! Some of them can be down right life changing, can't they? I truly believe that God speaks to us through these books as well as the Bible. Thanks for visiting Heaven's Walk and leaving your sweet comment! And looking forward to hearing about your Vision Board. Sounds interesting! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just took a look at the great finds you got while thrifting (before grocery shopping). Very good booth finds.

    Regarding positive thinking - it works. Life brightens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty,
    Everyone needs a little inspiration now and then. Fortunately, I was blessed with a very positive and happy nature. My mother was always so cheerful, and I feel I have a bit of her in me. The only thing, I have a really hard time understanding people who have depression problems. I want to love and help them, but don't always know how. I just try to have a listening ear and cheer them on. I have a strong Faith and belief in God. I feel very fortunate and blessed. I know that makes a big difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that life is too short to hang around people who think you're insignificant. Great words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post you are so right Life is so wonderful don't let anyone rob you of your JOY ~ Great Post
    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete