Tuesday, August 30, 2011

~~Walmart Sunflowers~~


Silk flowers can get very pricey~~but, you can make a gorgeous indoor or exterior bouquet under budget by doing this:

Check out the florals at Walmart~~example~~I spotted the big bouquet of sunflowers that looked "generic"~~but, taking each stem apart from the bundle will allow you to create a pretty bouquet.

Got me thinking about the big white ceramic container I could use to fill up the entryway table; I chose ~3~ different bouquets to work with;


For under $12.00~~I decided on the sunflowers, orange spikey flowers and a bag of Eucalyptus in fall colors~~


I started with the Euca. first~~this creates your height and width~~and oohhh the aroma is wonderful from the Euca.!~~Cut apart the sunflowers at the far base for separate stems~~filling in with the spikey orange flowers.  I used some leftover pinecones and spanish moss around the rim of my container at the very last.

   

Above~~my antique mansion print I recently purchased ($2.00) looks perfectly spooky here!




~~For under $12.00 made this huge bouquet that makes me happy!!~~but,wait~~
Then I decided a big white platter was needed~~it lightens up all the dark woods of the table and mirror.  I'm sending my bouquet over to these fun parties:


Photobucket





  


Button

12 comments:

  1. I think it looks better than okay. I love it! I actually picked up some sunflowers at wal-mart this morning, but put them back down thinking I don't have time to do this right now. I love it, and I also love the arrangement you have done around your spooky mansion. Actually, I just love fall, and all of the fall colors and decor. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready to "do" Fall too! I love your arrangement! I am a floral designer....GREAT job!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Do you know how much this beautiful arragement would cost you to buy it? You have a true winner here. It looks lovely and I admired that mansion print..very nice..Cant wait to see your wreath! Enjoy the day and working in your yard..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! What a beautiful arrangement! Excellent colors. It is lovely against your painting...love it! Have a good eve and week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely. You've inspired me to make a trip to Wal Mart.~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great deals over at Wally World...stop by and share you pretty new Fall decor at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful fall display, the platter really makes it sparkle for sure, I'm your newest follower, thankyou for visiting me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on my way to Wal-Mart! I love these sunflowers! I also love your spooky mansion! This all looks great! Thanks for such an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It pays to look beyond using something in the obvious way. Taking that floral apart was definitely the right choice to help create a pretty arrangement! I'm so looking forward to fall. Today, I started rearranging with my kitchen hutch with some color. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is happening all over blogland. I love what you did especially using the platter as a base. I was at Walmart yesterday looking at the Fall decor. Just bought some small pumpkins to spray white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a pretty arrangement! You did a great job, and so inexpensive to boot! Thanks for sharing! I love fall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flowers in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete