Monday, September 26, 2011

Simple Pillow Slipcover


Finally!!  Slipcovers for pillow and wing~chair completed.


I added three large buttons to the strip of muslin~~below are my two pieces just before adding the muslin band where the buttons are sewn onto~~

Burlap and vintage shower curtain with a touch of muslin!  ~~makes a cute pillow cover~~I added ties (hate doing zippers)~~so easy to wash/dry and put back over a pillow~~


My side~table top is sanded and ready to paint/stain~~hopefully this is tomorrow's project:


Over the weekend, hubby and I went to a fall festival and I found lots of wonderful vintage goodies; here are
three I want to show-and-tell now:  two brown bottles and a orphaned little brown transferware lid (so sweet for $1.00)~~


Going over to these parties this week for fun and inspiration:



Polly Want a Crafter


http://www.homemakeronadime.com/

17 comments:

  1. Great pillow. Love the fabric, and the buttons are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the slipcover and I love the pillow with the buttons. Good job! Luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pillows! I love the fabric your chose.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty pillow and love the side ties. A nice reminder for us that you don't NEED zippers in pillow :D

    Visiting from Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tue Linky Party today,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this great idea...I need to try this soon when I get some sewing started.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sweet pillows look great on that pretty slipcovered chair! Beautiful job! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could sew!!! Thanks for following me. Cute blog!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pretty pillows! I love the style of your new pillow - goes so nicely with your decor. And the side ties are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chair and cushion - they look fantastic.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great design - I really like it! Saw you on linky party now gfc following you, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patty ~ Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your kind comment. Love your blog and your great finds ~ you have a talent for repurposing them too! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job on the pillow cover it blends so well with the slip cover. I have pillows that need to be covered (or thrown away) I think I want to give this a shot - I just wish you lived close by so you could do it for me (smile)
    Thanks for sharing.
    http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pillow. I love how it looks. I hate doing those zippers too and it looks so much prettier your way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a sweet pillow - the perfect touch for that fabulous chair - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just so wonderful. I love it. You did a lovely job! Thank you for joining TTF and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe that was a shower curtain. So pretty! I am a new follower from the Creative Bloggers' Hop. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pillow is darling. And I love the slipcover, too! What a cute transferware lid. Brown is my favorite. Thanks for linking up over at Club G.W. {Goodwill} with Charm Bracelet Diva. This week's party should be up by Monday night. Hope to see you there!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete