Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cheap French Kitchen Towels


I found these sweet red and white towels at Walmart to use for my latest project~~

So let me show you the wood architectural element first and then I'll tell you about the towels~~



I bought several of these wooden trim pieces on the cheap~~
painted and added a large hook from Hobby~~



So cute to hold kitchen towels~~





So I bought two types of kitchen towels from Walmart~~BEWARE~~
prewash first (they do shrink a bit)~~I used my fabric paints and stencilled on my design~~


The wider stripe (on the bottom of the towels) come in package of 3 and are a heavier waffle weave~~

The other type comes in set of 5; both were about $5.00 and well worth a sweet project~~both types are 100% cotton which I love for the kitchen.








I love stuff like this in the kitchen; don't you? 

Have a fabulous day~~I'm heading outside to the garden!

~patty~

Join these parties for inspiration~~



BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE  
 http://www.freckledlaundry.com/





14 comments:

  1. Yes I love things in the kitchen like that...especially reds! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The towels are charming, but I'm really knocked out by the hooks. What a great idea with the architectural salvage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made those simple tea towels so cute!! Love the hooks too!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. May I ask where you found the lovely stencils?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so darn cute! I would make some like that in a heartbeat! PLEASE do a tutorial on making these!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your sweet comments: I buy my stencils from Etsy and Ebay sellers--I will post about it tomorrow too on my next project (which has nothing to do with stencilling--I promise;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, yes, I want it. I don't see an email for you, I don't know how to get you my info. I can't leave it here. Try emailing me again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like this!!! Very cute. I think I need to check out Walmart.

    Best,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those towels, really good idea, and the hooks are fabulous. Now following :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it looks like I need to check out the linen section at Wally World.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi - Saw these at Freckled Laundry. love them. how creative you are.
    Would love you to come visit at Lilyfield Life sometime. I'm definitely going to check out more on your blog
    cheers Fiona
    www.lilyfieldlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one of my favorite things - when someone takes something ordinary and makes it something extraordinary! Can I ask where you get your fabric paint? Is there a brand that is better than another? What do you recommend?
    The paint I've used for my projects isn't technically 'fabric paint'. it works but I'm thinking I might need to get some real fabric paint at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your towels and the beautiful hooks you made

    ReplyDelete